Napa Valley Educators Association Site Representative Council
June 1, 2020
June 1, 2020
- There are people who have not been called back 30 ms, 3 counselor, 5 art, 7 science 10 english 3 PE, 8 social science 66 teachers in all receiving final RIF’s
- Doesn’t look like there will be a secondary round of layoffs in august
- 2% cut at Szxtate that will trigger layoffs legislature is pushing back against it.
- There will be a COVID-19 response task force for the 2020-21 year with meetings coming up 1 nurse, 2 tqachers Kate Scudero, nurse and teacher positions unsure dates are happening Wednesday 6/10, 8:30 - 11:30am Gayle will ask for people who are interested
- Will steer the decision making there will be multiple subcommittee groups working from the end of June and into July working out more than Nuts & Bolts, what schedules will look like etc. with all stakeholders, parents, admin, custodians etc.
- Will probably have a hybrid schedule waiting for something more clear from the state
- There will be some things NCVEA will be involved in not same with CSEA etc.
- NVEA/NVUSD Council
- Next meeting 6/9/20 and they are scheduled out through August
- Important to get families and all employees to fill out the survey that was sent out.
- Met with Rob around budget and we were looking at huge cuts from the state with a lot of pushback from CTA
- Link in chat for treasurer’s report ending balance $12,588.54 money market 4/30 68945.38, RIF attorney fees $5,600.00
- Reminder of what our dues cover need to make sure we add a budget line item for RIF attorney fees, income comes from our dues
- Dues Increase conversation and Vote
- Mike shared a ballot regarding a dues increase 2 questions: 1)Should NVEA increase dues for the 2020-2021 school year? If 50% or more not in favor, discussion ends if 50% agree then the majority of the results from question 2 would go into effect. 2)Lists 4 options for increase
- We are using today's results to move forward
- We will send everyone screenshot on how each question was answered from the Reps 31 people in the meeting 19 votes cast so far
- 92% voites uin favor if dues increas 24 said yes 2 said no
- 29.2 $3, 33.3% $2 37.5% $4 increase in dues for 2020-21 year
- What do we do next how do we communicate this to our members will send screenshots of the results from site reps to our members.
- CTA doesn’t let GAyle know what info is sent by CTA to us
- We need to update CTA with our home email with distance learning there will need to be things sent out to us with distance learning that can’t go throu8gh district email
- State council is talking about policies like evaluation and what it may look like with distance learning. Our district stopped the evaluation making sure that conference form 3 was signed off on. Statewide evaluations have not been handled like our district and the State is working with Tony Thurmond on what evaluations are going to look like and what school will look like. Mike is on the student services committee
- Will be a virtual convention and Gayle is the only one going if interested in watching it with Gayle let her know.
- The Future
- We need to make sure we are getting interests from our teachers around what they want school to look like for next year
- Concerns about having to give up their classroom keys
- Looking to make sure that teachers have adequate amount of time to go into classrooms to get what they need curriculum wise to get what they need to teach
- Dana Page conversation - how many people at your site are not willing to come back and work in a physical environment (actual classroom) with in the chat drop a number approx how many people you think are concerned about working with kids
- Concern around childcare can they go less than 100% if child is not going 100%
- Survey will be going out to ask about concerns around start of next year and what you want next year to look like. Follow what is coming from your site admin
- Contracts were only going to be to school sites on Monday which is correct since monday is a half day work day
- Issue with not being able to keep keys technically the keys belong to the district not the employee
- Messages from Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent within hours of each other sent different messages
- Survey will be sent in an email to site reps to send out to all members. We would like site rep input now
- Elementary feedback to parents needs to be in by Thursday, 6/4/20
Meeting adjourned at 4:04pm