Exec Board/Council Meeting
April 23, 2018, 3:30-5:15 PM
April 23, 2018, 3:30-5:15 PM
- Review of Agenda
- Budget -
- will be shared at rep council everything is the same
- Member Engagement Plan -
- haven’t pushed much on this at all. Ted is interested in doing somethings, need to do another happy hour at Hop Creek during the second half of May.
- Challenge site reps to bring the most members from staff be entered into a drawing for a special prize.
- RIF Agreement -
- no permanent or probationary teachers laid off everyone is coming back.
- There is $1million more in the account than expected.
- Contract Changes and Ratification -
- Finished contract changes are not available yet. Tomorrow 4/24/18, final changes will be reviewed and will go to council on 5/1/18. Once it goes through council Gayle will send it out to us, then will be sent out to members for ratification
- Only big changes are wording changes to make things stronger, editing of special ed titles, Teacher evaluation wording, class sizes with soft langauge of numbers, draft language stayed in contact, but went into the contract, no changes to sick leave, don’t ask don’t tell days, clarity around how to use the two work days at the beginning of the year, all MOU’s from last three years were put into the contract (special ed, check web site for others)
- Roadshows new dates - school services is happening 5/22/18 and Gayle is going to one on 5/23 for CTA. 5/24/ at 4:00 at NHS and 5/30/18 on 3:45 in ACHS only two asking VHS people to attend the road show at NHS
- Negotiations -committees
- Evaluation - got peoples experiences on the outcome of the evaluations that were being piloted. There will probably be two options: the original evaluation and option B. People like the flexibility of option B and we will be piloting option B as an alternative to the traditional evaluation. Language will be tightened up regarding when you can start using the alternative
- PBIS - tier 3 behaviors that we are struggling with. If you are having tier 2 issues maybe your tier 1 isn’t working well. All kids should be getting tier 1 issues which would lead to tier 2 which would lead to tier 3, took away a tool like detentions
- Workload - good conversation with Dave Damico about direction of learning management systems see what they can do to integrate systems for less steps than what they need to do
- Accountability Wall Charts - anything that needs to be added
- Communications Structure Plan - Ted talked with Santa Rosa teachers Association communication plan. Gayle would like to get something in place for next year. We will look at it more at our next meeting.
- PAC meeting April 25th at 3:30pm - Michael Algers is coming to NVEA office with Steve Savage regarding Political Action Committee, John Call is attending one in Sacramento, we have 3 positions available in November for School Board, possibility of 5 openings out of the 7
- Steve Savage - Idea on dues
- State Council Report Example of VTA’s
- Other -
- counselors are having issues with union they want representation on negotiations, counselors have been offered to be on council
- NVEA Budget - we have been asked by Jayme to contribute $100 toward teacher appreciation event which district paid for in the past, however there isn’t money. Exec board agreed
- Formula gave an additonal .4 for NVEA president so Gayle will be fully funded by the formula
- Conversation with Ted about communications